Saturday, October 12, 2013

The Anatomy of a Good Run

Hello! First of all, to those of you who had the fish gadget and didn't want anybody to copy your breathtaking discovery, I'm terribly sorry. Honestly, it's kinda mostly for me, because without it on my blog I would probably spend a great deal of time on your blog playing with them. So I couldn't resist.



Second of all, I'm sorry if throughout your wonderful visits to my blog you have seen the blog title constantly change. I'm horrible with naming things, and Teen Space was the best I could come up with so far. I might just call it The Nameless Blog. Nah, that seems too weird. Well, if you see my at school and I suddenly perk up and say, "AHA!", then it probably means I've come up with a spectacular title.

Anyways, this post is about something I do a lot. I mentioned earlier in my posts that I like to run. Now you're probably all like, "OMG, she's a runner? I mean, who does that? She probably, like, pukes every day and stuff!"So before you judge me too harshly, I'll describe the steps of a good run, and hopefully you can begin to understand why I like it. So here's a run through my eyes:

Step 1 (Before): Change into running stuff, slowly slide your well-worn Asics running shoes on, then go sit down with the team, longing for food and a nice long nap after the run. After a quick team meeting, everyone is released to go their separate ways on various lengths and types of runs.

Step 2 (During): Enjoy a brief second or two of freedom before beginning the run, then experience the super-awkward forward motion before actually starting to run. After this, don't stop until completely done with the run, or perhaps mid-run if you are feeling extra fatigued. During this step, depending on the current circumstances, experience various feelings from pure joy to total exhaustion, complete with sore legs and painful cramps.

~Note: Those last few words are why most people hate running. But the next step is why I love it.~

Step 3 (After): Happiness zings through you as you take the final steps to the end, knowing that it is now okay to spend the rest of the day huddled on the couch stuffing your face with food and watching Netflix. Your muscles feel great and a good stretch will make them feel even better.

What I live by (image by The Hungry Runner Girl)
So that pretty much sums it up. I could probably go into a lot more detail, such as good runs to do (exact mileage included) and things that help with shin splits (an injury many athletes get). But it would probably bore you a lot. In fact, I talk about running so much that all my friends are probably shaking their heads sadly as they read this, remembering me rant about the paragraphs above for a good twenty minutes.

Like naming things, I'm also horrible about ending things. Maybe I should just end it mid-sentence like from The Fault in Our Stars and

No comments:

Post a Comment