Monday, December 16, 2013

Santa, Skiing, and other Things Discussed in this Post

Hallo!! That was German, by the way. Sooooo Christmas Break is coming up!! Actually for me I'm pretty much done with school because I'm missing the rest of this week for SKI RACING!! Except I have to make up like five tests....

~What I Love about the Holidays~

1. NO SCHOOL
Honestly, right now I'm sooooooo sleep deprived from getting up early EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Yep, even on the weekends (this weekend I had to be on the hill at 7:00 in the morning every day). So it will be nice for a change to get the sleep that we all need so badly. Plus almost no homework. Almost. :)

Image by Keep Calm and Posters

2. Snow ❄ ❄
I love snow. Almost as much as I love bread. Is that weird?!


This is how it should be every year :)

3. Food
Food is my friend. I love love love food. Especially Christmas food! My Grandma always bakes cookies when she comes and they are so good!!

Christmas food :) (Image by decoist)

4. Music
Christmas music is awesome. Except it distracts me when I do homework. Yesterday, I was trying to take bio notes, but Christmas music was on and I was just singing to it instead of doing bio. 

Image by Enjoy Utah

5. Trees
When I was little I was literally mesmerized by our Christmas tree. There's so many colors and lights that I would just sit there and take it all in. True story.

Me with da tree a couple years ago


~What I Hate about the Holidays~

1. Tourists
Not to be mean to tourists but they are horrible skiers! Tourists: I'm sorry if I hit you but I have no idea where you are going to turn and seriously you DON'T TURN ON THE FLATS!!

Above shows the standard stance of a typical tourist (Image by ajc.com)

2. Giving up Your Room
I have lots of family coming over this year, so I have to give up my room for someone else. I don't really know where I'll sleep yet. Maybe I'll curl up in a corner or something.

3. Shopping for Christmas Presents
Don't get me wrong: I love shopping. But I spend so much money on presents for other people! Plus everything costs so much! Actually the things themselves don't cost much, but then shipping is like $10!!

4. When It Doesn't Snow
The Holidays=snow. If there is no snow, then it just isn't the same. :-/

5. Being a Teenager
Everything was better when we were little, especially Christmas. Now I have six tests to worry about this week, Santa isn't magical anymore, and I've lost interest in the toys that used to make Christmas so exciting.

I miss this :(


But I shouldn't be so negative right now. Honestly, it took me forever to think of things I hate about the holidays. Except for tourists: they were pretty easy to think of. Also, I love way more things about the holidays than I hate about them.

So are you guys excited for break?! Happy Holidays!

And BTW, if you need a good book to read during break if you are a nerd like me, read Cinder. :)

2 comments:

  1. CHRISTMAS!!!! I love this post! You bring up some good points, and now I'm really excited for break! (Even though I have two projects and tests to study for....) I LOVE the pictures of you when you were little! You were so cute! The photos make your post so much more personal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this! Oh my goodness, lucky you with only a little homework! I have two bio projects, TWO! and 30 pages of math homework and studying for yet another test (ugh). But riding, skiing, and sleep are going to take priority over school this BREAK. Sorry grades.

    ReplyDelete