Thursday, February 13, 2014

European Sarcasm

Heyyyy! No, that wasn't another language. I don't feel like researching one. Hey, I'm not usually this lazy, but I'm just super tired of school and want this week to end nooooooooooooow. If I'm popular and there are people that read my blog that don't go to my school, just so you know, we have Winter Break in two days. TWO DAYS!!!! And guess what else?? It's my birthday on Saturday! But that's irrelevant.

So we have break coming up, and this week is also midterms. Therefore:

Teachers: Hey, break is coming up, which means a long vacation for students to forget stuff!! Let's just finish our current units this week so we can start fresh when we come back! So let's give a bunch of tests this week! Also, since students probably don't have enough on their plates, let's add a bunch of homework and essays!

Students: Homework. Studying. Yay. :(

Thanks teachers! That really means a lot. (by hsmemes)

So, as you can see, I'm extremely excited for this week to BE OVER so I can resume my personal preference of getting over seven hours of sleep each night and actually having a life. :)

Today's topic for this blog has something to do with an event in my life coming just shortly after the school year ends. Can you guess? Of course you can't. I'll tell you: I'm going to Europe!! I've never gone before, and our family decided to go with an organized tour thing that allows us to visit multiple countries and learn about stuff like art history.

I'm excited!!! (By Shanadar Tours)

So, as you can imagine, it's very exciting! Only it's four months away. My family is vigorously preparing for it as I type this. Why so soon? I have absolutely no idea.

Here's some ways I'm constantly exposed to Europe before even going there:

1. Language
Understandably, Europeans don't all speak English. My parents feel that it's only fair that we learn some of their languages in order to communicate with them. After all, they speak English when they come to the U.S. But we will be going to multiple countries that speak multiple languages. So not only do I have to learn one extra language; I have to learn THREE!! Last I checked, my parents had concluded that my dad would learn German, my mom would learn Italian, and I would learn French. That way we could teach each other the languages. Yay, now I get to learn French! Not. I'm already learning Spanish, thank you very much. And plus I can't pronounce any French word if my life depended on it. So there.

I'm probably going to do that...(by A Cyclist's Life in Tenerife)

2. The Podcasts
I really haven't listened to many podcasts, so I wouldn't know, but from what I've experienced they are pretty boring. The person just like sits in from of the microphone and talks for an hour. And plus, a lot of them breath really loud, so you hear: So today I'm going to-haaaaaaa-talk  about-haaaaaa-guinea pigs. They are-haaaaaa-really cute and-haaaaaa-squeaky. Bad example, but you get the point. My parents have begun to listen to podcasts about Europe so they can learn about it better. And they want me to start listening to them too.

Yay podcasts (by PDAHLEM.com)

3. The Food
European food, from what my parents have told me, seems to be quite different from American food. No Subways in Europe, no sir. Actually there might be, but...whatever. Anyway, there's new foods there that I've never tried, and have no intention to. There are some animals that I just don't wish to eat, no matter how good they may taste, such as rabbit and duck. I mean, why would you eat such a cute little thing? Well, we've (by 'we've', I mean my parents and not really me) done some research on foods there, and it turns out that I will have to "try new things." Sorry, but I think I'll just starve if rabbit is all that is on the menu. You can't make me.


One of the foods I'm excited to eat in Europe (by The Way the Cookie Crumbles)

4. The History
Art history is a major part of European history. Trust me: I've taken that class online. So since we are going there, we should learn a bit about the history so that when we go to view all the paintings we will "understand" them. So as I attempt to eat my dinner in peace, I'm constantly being bombarded with pictures full of nudes and men with creepy beards. Bon-appetit to you to, Michelangelo.

One of the pictures shown to me during dinner (by Wikipedia)

5. The Videos
The tour that we are going with provides videos of each place we are visiting. Each video discusses the scenery, food, festivities, and experience. So while I'm doing homework, my dad will come up to me, shove an iPad into my face, and force me to watch a video about Paris.

Don't get me wrong: I'm super excited to go to Europe!! But honestly, I can't think of that until it gets a little closer. To think that I will be done with every test and assignment in ninth grade by the time I go there is unthinkable for me. And plus we are going to the Bahamas via cruise ship for spring break! :)

So, without further delay, I'm going to submit this blog post. I hope everyone has an amazing weekend/break!

Random Fact of the Day: Cats sleep 16 to 18 hours per day. I wish I was a cat.
What Day it Is: Employee Legal Awareness Day (???)

One more thing: Here is the tour organization we are going with.


2 comments:

  1. Actually, there are Subways in Europe... And McDonalds... And Burger King... And probably other places too. And I think it's good to prepare, but your family might be preparing too much! ;) Don't take the fun out of the trip because you're over-preparing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what I'm trying to convince my parents!! ;)

    ReplyDelete