Thursday, May 1, 2014

Examinations

Heylo!! So...how's it going?? For me it's a combination of stuffing my brain with A.P. Geography stuff and missing the cruise. So all in all, ehhh.

The teachers are all like, "Tests every day!!" Seriously teachers? Nobody can concentrate at this time of year. Because it's ALMOST SUMMER YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!! But seriously, no more tests...

Teachers be like:

Image by Drupal



There is one test in particular that the school district has gone wild with this year. Yep, that's right. The SAGE test.

Stupid
And
Gross
Examinations

(the words above courtesy of Ashely)

So the logic of Utah was that the CORE tests were too easy or something (really I have no idea why they changed it) and everyone was passing them. I mean, if everyone is passing, then obviously the teaching is good. That doesn't mean you have to MAKE THE TESTS HARDER. Like, seriously Utah.

So we have the privilege of taking these very fun and engaging tests :). Before we could actually take the tests, we needed to "practice" taking them, since we could forget how to put the answers or something. So for me, we took the practice tests in English and Math (the Bio one I haven't taken yet for some reason).

The English was fine. But the MATH was hard since the state was too lazy to add separate practice tests for each grade, and just did one for all grades. So we didn't know how to do anything. Which made it fun! Basically Julia and I just typed in random stuff that had nothing to do with math. Such as...

The tower of pi

A random equation that made me feel smart
I don't even know...
And this...

So yeah. How do you have fun in math? Don't do math.

Well the English portion started on Monday for me. After spending the first 20 minutes of the test trying to get my computer to actually load the application, I discovered that it was NOT FULLY INSTALLED, so me and a couple other people had to go to the tech office. I mean, really? Not installed? So finally I got back to the room and everyone was already in the middle of testing. And I was just starting. Yay me.

Well, I guess you can tell how I feel about the SAGE test. Like everybody else in the school district.

Another test is the AP geography test. Which is less than two weeks!! For most people, that's plenty of time to relax and the night before the test a have hardcore study session. For me, it's studying every day and all weekend. Basically when I'm studying, three things cross my brain:

1. I want food.

2. This is boring.

3. Hey, shouldn't I be paying attention?

As you can probably tell, geography is not the most interesting subject to me. It's just good for making pick-up lines (Grace and Julia know what I'm talking about) ;)

It's also good for taking selfies with your textbook and imitating the ladies on the cover :)
And we shall not mention the countless other finals, quizzes, and end-of-the-quarter tests that we will go through before this school year is finally over. Aren't they just lovely?

But hey, at least we are close! Positive thinking, people! ;)

I'm sorry if this has been a depressing post. Like after the practice tests, I was like HEY I'M GOING TO WRITE ABOUT THE SAGE TEST BECAUSE EVERYBODY HATES IT AND IT COULD BE SUPER FUNNY! But no, it just forced me to think about the SAGE test, a very depressing subject.

Aaaaaand I should probably end this post because I have a ton of other crap to do and not enough time to do it! Oh! And this time instead of a random fact, I'm doing a random pick-up line because I was just searching the web and I found one that I thought was funny! So...

Random Pick-Up Line: If a fat man puts you in a bag tonight, don't worry I told Santa I wanted you for Christmas.

There are a bunch more here! I've spent the past 20 minutes laughing, so if you need to be happy I'd suggest you look at this.

What day is it? May Day! And I've been told to mention that yesterday was the Mean Girls Anniversary...

Byeeeee! Happy testing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment